Sunday, October 9, 2011

Boo Who? A Spooky Lift-the-Flap 15th anniversary!

Boo Who?

Fifteen years ago in 1996, I got "the call" from Scholastic. The one that meant I would finally be a published book author. While some of my other books for children have faded away over the years, Boo Who? is still in print and going strong. My editor at Scholastic tells me it's on the front Barnes & Noble tables again this year.

What's inside? A cast of Halloween characters to guess, large flaps to lift, and a mylar mirror on the last page. It's a not-too-spooky introduction to the characters that make up this holiday I so enjoyed as a tot.

Guess who says boo?
A ghost
Scratch and hiss? Who is this? 
A black cat

It's also at the library in my city, so you might visit your library soon to take a look because those Halloween books fly off the shelf this time of year. If you get a chance to take a look, I hope your totz enjoy it!

Boo Who? A Spooky Lift-the-Flap Book
Scholastic (Cartwheel Books)
Ages 2-6
Author-illustrator: Joan Holub

3 comments:

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Congratulations, Joan! A spooky celebration!

Joan Holub said...

Thank you, sweetie! The cover is a little blurry. Kind of how I feel today after working this weekend. xox

Joan Holub said...

This is on the front table at Barnes & Noble stores. I signed some at the South Point Durham, NC B&N last weekend. Very nice people there. Hello to the fabulous Nora. Woo hoo!!