Monday, December 26, 2011

Hippo Says Excuse Me: Michael Dahl



I love, love, love Hippo Says "Excuse Me" by Michael Dahl! What a find from Capstone, Picture Window Books. A simple text creates a plot full of tension as well as a lesson of where and when one might say, "Excuse me."

Oriol Vidal's illustrations will grab your heart. These large hippos are nearly weightless as they bounce down the street above their little shadows. And due to their trying to squeeze into small spaces, there's ample opportunity so say, "Excuse me." All of the included animals emote through distinct features, adorable proportions, and careful eye placement.

I know you and your totz will love this board book as much as I do. Excuse me, I'm sure of it!

Hippo Says "Excuse Me"
by Michael Dahl
illustrated by Oriol Vidal
Picture Window Books, Capstone
January, 2012


No comments: