Monday, August 20, 2012

Za-Za's Baby Brother: Lucy Cousins

Lucy Cousins' Za-Za's Baby Brother is not a board book, but it would translate very well into one. I love the bright colors, bold lines, and the story. It's is sure to comfort totz, who have a new baby in the house.

First spread:

My mom is going to have a baby.
She has a big fat tummy. There's not much room for a hug.

Oh, I really feel for this tot already!

One of my favorite spreads comes near the end:

When the baby got tired mom put him to bed. 
Then I got my hug . . . 
and a bedtime story.

The perfect ending--so satisfying!


Za-Za's Baby Brother
Author-illustrator: Lucy Cousins
Candlewick Press, 2012
Ages 2-5


2 comments:

Lorie Ann Grover said...

How can you not love Lucy? Thanks, Joan!

Joan Holub said...

Yes! I agree.