Sunday, October 14, 2012

Mine!: Shutta Crum


Three words can say a lot in this 7x7" sturdy board book: "Mine" (often used); and "Oh!" and "Woof" (each a single use.)

Two siblings--a very young tot and an older tot (pictured on cover)--star along with a puppy co-star. In the first few pages, the older tot claims everything in sight with the word "Mine!" This situation is very true to life and totz will get it and enjoy the realism.

Baby-tot walks for the first time in wobbly baby-steps across a spread. Where's he headed? For his sibling, whom he claims with the single word: "Mine!"

A really sweet book that totz will enjoy.

Mine!
Author: Shutta Crum
Illustrator: Patrice Barton
Knopf/Random House, 2011

2 comments:

Lorie Ann Grover said...

I agree, Joan. This one is spot on.

Shutta said...

Thanks Joan, and Lori! I have 2 young grandchildren in Florida. And when the older one told me that the word "mine" was temporarily forbidden in her house--I had my idea for a book.

And needless to say. I was surprised when the NY Times would reviewed it twice!

Shutta
http://www.shutta.com