Monday, June 2, 2014

Joyce Wan: My Lucky Little Dragon


http://www.amazon.com/Lucky-Little-Dragon-Joyce-Wan/dp/0545540461/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1397933257&sr=1-1&keywords=my+lucky+little+dragon
When I see a Joyce Wan book on the shelf, I know immediately who created it. She has that kind of signature style. It’s hip, yet totz-friendly.

You are my lucky little
DRAGON
My clever little 
snake

This book’s simple rhyme and art lends itself to the very young, from babies to younger totz. It’s a quick read, but bright and fun. The way the names of the animals, such as dragon or snake, are illustrated is super snazzy.

And there’s a heart-shaped mirror on the last page with the text:
Baby, I’m
LUCKY
to have you!

A traditionally formatted board book with nice sturdy pages.

Author-illustrator: Joyce Wan

No comments: